Friday, December 26, 2008

These Days


The last couple of nights have been late ones. Christmas has come and gone. I have a feeling and image in my mind of Christmas that never gets lived up to. I am not sure if it is because Christmas in NY always felt better..family, the cold, neighbors, familiar surroundings...or does Christmas not feel like Christmas because I have stopped going to church. Perhaps it is just the hot and humid weather of Houston, I can't figure it out yet. When the Christmas feeling comes back,I will know what went wrong. Regardless, I am truly thankful for my family and having them here. I cherish these days and fear the days when we don't have them.

I have had the creative bug lately and have been penning several new songs, which all fall into different genres..super! I knew I had it in me. I plan to keep plugging away at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment